13 July 2009

A different kind of scholar

I have tried for the last two weeks to continue with my scholar studies like I always have been, but have found it impossible. I guess that my weak, little, pregnant mind was not meant for those things. What I mean is that I am learning more about seasons and how they differ from person to person and over a lifetime. This pregnancy has been a trial to say the least, but I am finally learning lessons that I am sure I could not learn any other way. Most importantly how much I need my Father in Heaven and how little I can actually accomplish on my own. I have learned to slow down and trust my body. I am learning to let myself not be in control of everything. There are many more, but that will be for another time. One very important idea that I have been reminded of is that I have talents other than those the world considers scholarly, but are scholarly none the less. The Lord has reminded me that these things are important as well and that now is the time to revisit them and cultivate them. None of these things take much concentration and so they are perfect for me right now because I have the attention span of a gnat (I am worse than my baby sometimes).

No comments: